Currently, the Scitylana app is only available for Windows. While this means you must host your data on a Windows computer, you can still use your Mac (or other types of computer) to analyze and manage data extractions.
The easiest way to do this is to use a cloud storage services such as OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox to synchronize the data output folder between the Windows PC and your Mac.
How to set it up
- Install Scitylana on a Windows computer (ask your IT department or set one up in the cloud)
- Using your Mac, login to Scitylana.com and start a new data extraction
- During the configuration, select a cloud storage service as the output folder
- Share and synchronize the output folder with your Mac
- Use your favorite BI tool on your Mac to analyze the data
Note: Step 3 and 4 requires that you download and install the cloud storage app on both the Windows PC and your Mac. You must add the output folder to your hard drive on both computers.