You can test your implementation of the Scitylana plugin in the following way.
In a Chrome browser, click the Customize and Control option in the top right corner and go to More tools > Developer Tools (on Windows F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I; on Mac Cmd + Opt + I):
In the Developer Tools dialogue:
- Click Network
- In the Filter field enter .com/collect
- Reload the page (push F5 on your keyboard)
- Click one of the links under Name
- Under Headers > Query String Parameters, scroll to the bottom and search for at string beginning with cd and containing sl=
- Repeat step 4-5 for all other links except those from doubleclick (//stats.g.doubleclick.net/)
If you see the string noted in step 5, the implementation is valid.
The string beginning with cd signals that the Scitylana plugin is sending User IDs to a GA custom dimension. The letters cd stand for "Custom Dimension" and will be followed by a number which is the index of the dimension. The letters sl stand for "Scitylana".
If, on the other hand, you do not see the string noted in step 5, something has gone wrong and you should contact Scitylana Support.