PLEASE NOT THIS ARTICLE IS ONLY RELEVANT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR SCITYLANA BEFORE 16.08.2017.
When you have extracted data through Scitylana, you can kick-start the analysis by downloading the Excel 2016 Template File attached to this article (see below). The file contains a few dummy data which you can overwrite with your own data in the following way.
How to load your own data into the Excel 2016 file:
- Open the the Excel 2016 file downloaded from this page
- In the top ribbon, click Data > New Query > Combine Queries > Launch Query Editor:
- In the left-hand pane, click the Scitylana query:
- In the Applied Steps pane to the right, click Source:
- In the Formula Bar change the folder path from C:\Users\cv\Documents\MyDataFolder to the path of your data folder (in doubt where to find this? See below):
- Repeat step 1-5 for the Calendar query: Click the Calendar query; click Source and change to your data path in the Formula Bar.
- Click Close & Load:
- The data will now load into the Power Pivot data model. To refresh later, simply click Data > Refresh All in the top ribbon.
How to find you data folder path:
When you set up a new data extraction from Google Analytics, you can specify where to store the extracted data. The default setting is under your Document folder:
Later, when you have successfully implemented User ID tracking and completed your configuration, you will see the following:
To copy your data folder path, simply click the link data folder.